June 3, 2019
How To Prepare For A Spray Tan
How to have a streak-free and even tan:
- Shave or wax at least 12 hours before tanning.
- Wear loose, dark clothes to your appointment.
- Exfoliate and rub-off excess, dead skin cells for an even tan.
- Avoid lotion before tanning, since lotions can act as a barrier on the skin and cause streaks.
Tip: Instead of using a moisturizer the day of tanning, try our VersaSpa Intensifying Primer, which will moisturize and balance your skin’s pH to accelerate development time and intensify the tan.
- For self-tanners, apply with our VersaSpa self-tan applicator mitt for an easy, even and mess-free application.
- When spray tanning in our salon using the VersaSpa automated spray tan booth, try our Perfector solution to balance your skin’s pH for a deeper, darker, even tan that will develop faster.
- Don’t forget, after the tanning application, avoid getting wet, like working out or showering for about 4-6 hours to allow the tan time to develop.